In the Southwest corner of Hants County is situated the Parish of Leminster.
The first settlement was built by "Foreign Protestants" who came up from the South Shore - the Chester and Lunenburg areas - in the late 1860s. The movement seems to have been prompted by the opening of a new road between New Ross and, what is now, Smith's Corner on what is now Hwy 14, running between Windsor and Chester. This road was called the "Windsor Road", as it shows on the A. F. Church map for Lunenburg county, drawn in 1883.
The settlement was a part of the old Falmouth Township, and while still composed of just a few homes, plans were drawn up for a Church of England to be built, and it was later consecrated as "All Saints Church". It was organized as a mission church from St. George's, Falmouth, and the indenture was formally executed by the Rector and Wardens on 08 July, 1886 (registered 10 July, 1886). The church was registered as a municipal heritage property on 01 November, 1993.
While the Anglican Church served the community as the only parish church up until WWII, a Pentecostal Church was built in 1955 and served a small congregation until the early 1990s when its members, then elderly or passed away, were no longer able to support it. The Pentecostal church was built beside the lane of Rueben Hebb.
As was customary, the church was the first significant institutional structure in the community.
Leopold, Allan W. (1995). "Leminster N.S.: A County Line Community." Windsor: West Hants Historical Society.